Abstracts can be submitted through the form at centerforbreastfeeding.org/abstract-submission-form. Please see below for more information about the conference itself as well as presentation topics.
The International Breastfeeding Conference is indispensable for professionals working in the area of breastfeeding and human lactation. Our 27th annual conference will take place January 12-15, 2021!
For a true meeting of the minds that will convey new knowledge and teach crucial skills, we encourage practitioners, academics, and students to submit abstracts to be considered for paper presentations or poster sessions.
The abstracts should demonstrate the application of strategies to human lactation, breastfeeding management and research. Abstracts may describe contributions to theory, completed work involving human lactation, breastfeeding management and research, work in progress, or proposed application of human lactation and breastfeeding management to other health issues. Case studies are also acceptable.
- Enhancing understanding of the complex interactions between socio-cultural, psychological, and biological factors in maternal child health
- Illuminating socio-cultural, political, and economic influences upon maternal and infant feeding practices
- Focusing on key initiatives that may impact upon practices related to breastfeeding the preterm infant and the family
- Exploring research findings or current trends that impact clinical practice program development, funding and policy in breastfeeding and human lactation
- Describing current trends in promoting, supporting and/or protecting breastfeeding
- Increasing and expanding knowledge regarding lactation
Abstract submissions will be accepted from March 1-June 1, 2020. The authors selected for presentation will be notified by June 15, 2020.